DEFINITION: Media = any means of communication that reaches or influences large numbers of people. This includes such things as newspapers, radio, magazines, music, and television.
Advertisers often try to create ads that cause the public to associate their product with positive images. Examples of images that are often used include:
· Having lots of friends or being accepted by peers
· Being athletic
· Being attractive, macho or sexy
· Being confident and independent
· Being well dressed, stylish, cool
After selecting your advertisements, complete each of the two worksheets describing whether or not the advertisement utilizes these positive images to sell its product.
ANALYSIS OF AN ADVERTISEMENT
Review several magazines or other media sources for a sample of an advertisement.
Sample alcohol ads can be found at: http://camy.org/gallery/ Describe how the advertisement depicts the positive images below.
· Friends and acceptance by others (people who use this product are well liked and have fun with their friends).
· Successfulness & Snob Appeal (people who use this product are successful, confident and may have money or nice things).
· Having fun (people who use this product are happy and having a good time).
· Sex appeal (people who use this product are attractive to the opposite sex) and Attractiveness (people who use this product are good looking and are very well dressed).
· Macho or Athletic (people who use this product are good at sports or are very manly).
, in your opinion were the ads honest and logical or not. Please explain:
Did you like the ad? Is it effective? Does it have a good logo,music…?